Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!!!


Happy Birthday, America!!!

Today's church service was a wonderful reminder to be thankful for the amazing freedom we have in the United States of America, including the freedom of religion! Praise God for that freedom! In his message, the pastor talked about how important it is to show appreciation and gratitude for our freedom by taking action in elections by voting and standing by what is Biblically right for our nation. Additionally, he touched on the topic of how important it is to go to church, not just watch it on TV or be passive about going, but to BE THERE as part of the body supporting each other and standing for what is right in all areas of our lives. One final thing I took from this morning's message was that no matter who we voted for in a past election, that we should stand behind them through prayer no matter what. I really need to remember and hold on to that thought.

I have been on a blogging break since moving in because I just have been busy! Also, last night my laptop bit the dust. It accidentally fell and the screen is dead. It's a bittersweet moment for the almost-5-year-old Dell, but it was bound to happen sooner than later. It would only stay on for (no exaggeration) 1 minute without being plugged into the power cord and so I knew it was on its last legs. The warranty also expired last August. :/ Thankfully, I've been approved to receive a relocation bonus as a teacher in Polk County so it looks like I know what one of my first purchases will be with that money...a new laptop! I always said, "as long as it gets me through college," and indeed it did! Now I'm just hoping I can retrieve my hard drive with all my college papers, resumes, AND pictures! I need those!!

Soon I will be blogging about my wonderful, new apartment that is simply amazing and such an upgrade from my last apartment! I love it here and feel so thankful to live in such a nice, clean, and safe place! I have been busy organizing (which I love!) and making it feel like home here which has included some shopping! Ha! It's looking great and I'm SO excited to get our furniture in October that is currently on layaway! Until then-painting, decorating and organizing will fill my summer days. I feel like a homemaker, but I know come August, I'll be more than ready to return to a brand new group of 5th graders! :)

Well anyway, Happy Birthday America! Thanks for being such a great land to live in!

Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord. -Psalm 33:12

No comments: