Thursday, March 8, 2012

Sketchy Much?


Take one look at the picture above and you immediately begin to make inferences of how this van is related to my post title, Sketchy Much?

Well you see, that's the exact question I asked when I walked out to my car Wednesday morning to go to work. Prior to walking downstairs, my roommate, Dayna called (she had just left) and told me that "Uncle Frank's van" was out in the parking lot and to be sure I got a good laugh out of it. You might be asking, "Who is Uncle Frank?" It's this fictional character name Dayna uses from time to time when referring to strange men. We've all seen our share of Uncle Franks, correct!?

So as I walked to my car, right away I saw it.

Then I laughed out loud. Twice. Vans like this just make me laugh because I think of all the joke photos of vans like these with captions that read something like: 'Free Candy' or 'Free Puppies.' Sketchy. MUCH.

{I promise there is a point to this post. This also happens to be the most exciting thing I have to blog about right now.}

Anyway. So that same evening, we saw the van backing into its parking spot. I guess I should mention that we'd never seen this van before, so that automatically raised some questions. The van was back. I went to church and came back a few hours later. I noticed that the van's shades/curtains were closed. The van was not running. The little vent on the van's rooftop was propped open, and there was a stool sitting right outside the passenger-side door. As I walked by, I could see light shining from a TV through the curtains. Someone's campin' out in their van in the parking lot of where I live.

Sketchy.

That's when I knew I would be calling our apartment complex office today to report a creep-mobile suspicious vehicle. As I walked out this morning, I snapped the two pictures just in case I needed proof. Haha. The woman I spoke with said they'd look into it and that if I see the van again, to call the police. It doesn't appear that "Uncle Frank" was out to harm anyone, but you never know in this world. You just really don't. I haven't seen this beauty of a van yet tonight, so hopefully the van found a new place, more appropriate for van camping.

And that's my excitement for the week. BUT- tomorrow at 3:30 will begin a new, level of excitement- SPRING BREAK!!! I plan to be taking pictures throughout the week to write some new fun posts. I know I've been a bad blogger as of late.

No comments: