Monday, February 27, 2012

I Wish I Was That Way

Tonight I was inspired as I was reading my favorite blog, Kelly's Korner. She shared several things she wishes were true about her but aren't, but the post definitely doesn't have a negative tone. Especially as women- don't we all have at least something we wish were different about ourselves?

So this isn't a put-myself-down post, but rather an it-wouldn't-be-so-bad-if-I-possessed-this-certain-ability-or-trait kind of post. Are ya with me?! :)

I Wish I Was This Way...

*I wish I had the motivation to get up early on weekday mornings (like 5 a.m.) to workout and stick with it. I just am way too attached to my sleep to ever give up an hour in the morning to work out.

*I wish I could hide emotion in public situations, but my face is a very obvious indicator of my current emotion no matter how hard I try to suppress it.

*I wish I had a knack for cooking, the kind where you just know what spices to add, or what ingredient is missing. Yeah, I certainly was not blessed with that kind of ability in the kitchen.

*I very rarely wish that I had a small athletic bone in my body to use for those very rare occasions I am involved in physical activity.

*I wish that I had the time to make all these adorable Pinterest crafts and DIY projects.

*I wish that I could overcome the awkward feeling I get when trying to capture pictures of anything that would accompany text in a blog post. As I try and take pictures, I become shy or nervous that someone will think I'm crazy at that moment. This happens even when I'm with my own friends! Ha! :)

*I wish that I wasn't as nervous as I can sometimes be in the wonderful world of dating. I might be 25, but you'd still think I was 15 in some cases! Ha! {In self defense (even though I'm the one calling MYSELF out here) I'd much rather be a nervous girl than the kind that is too comfortable and ends up throwing themselves at anyone who even looks at them. Not tasteful.}

*I wish that I had the kind of hair that even after sleeping, it still looks fine. I've got this weird cowlick thing that makes one side of my hair make all sorts of unwelcomed styles. I HATE IT.

*I wish that I had some kind of dancing rhythm but I really just don't. It also takes me like 10 minutes to master an 8-count dance move. (I've been going to Zumba classes and still don't get it all.)

*I really wish I could do my hair, like with actual styles that require some effort and enable you to wear a variety of different styles. I can not do my hair to save my life. It's bad!

...but I'm just not.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Catching up on your blog tonight and I think we are alot of like...at least, we wish we were alot of the same things that we aren't...make any sense? HA!

I also realized scrolling through all of your pictures that I love all your clothes :)

And I'm anxious to see if the date you had in February went anywhere ;) Second date?! :)

I always like hopping over here and catching up with you. I love blog world and if I lived in FL, we'd for sure be friends ;)