Friday, March 16, 2012

Spring Break 2012

Today is the last day of my Spring Break which is very sad. It's been so nice to just relax and not work on school work or feel the pressure to grade papers! That will all resume again Sunday evening. I'm thankful for the time off though and always look forward to being back into a routine. It won't be too long before summer is here anyway. :)

I have been at my parents' since Monday and am heading back tonight. My budget only allowed me to stay local this Spring Break. Sadness. I know, I know...most people would die to be close to a beach for Spring Break and I happen to have been raised in the town with the beach voted #1 in the USA, Siesta Key!! (But, I would still love to travel to a wintery destination for Spring Break again!)


On Tuesday, my mom and I went to get pedicures, as is our usual tradition when I come for a visit. It's always relaxing!

I also spent a lot of time hanging out with Jack and Jilly. Since I don't live with dogs, I am fascinated over everything these dogs do while I'm at my mom and dad's. They're just funny to me. And precious!



Whenever Jack is outside, if he's going to be out there for a little while, he finds himself a sunny spot and just basks in the sun. I love it!

I went to the beach on Wednesday with my mom and sister, Korinne. My aunt and two cousins came, and then my friends Dayna and Audra also drove from Lakeland to join us. It was a beautiful day and I got a beatiful suntan wicked sunburn. I did wear sunscreen and had actually reappiled it a few times throughout the day, but it was 15 SPF so I guess it wasn't strong enough to protect my untanned/pale/white skin on the inaugural suntan day of 2012. :/

...we got our toes in the water, toes in the sand...not a worry in the world...


Dayna, me, Audra


TCBY ice cream after the beach!

Later that night, a party of 14 of us went out to eat at Red Elephant to support a fundraiser for my sister's school. It was so good as it always is! I think we all had a good time!

Thursday morning, my mom and I met my Aunt Diane for brunch at a place called the Sea Star Cafe. I had an omelette and it was delicious!


Thursday night, my sister, Keleigh, and I had planned to get our make-up done at MAC just for fun and then she was going to take me to dinner at the restaurant where she works. She works at The Old Salty Dog out on Longboat Key, FL. It was a fun, girly evening!


Today I met up with a family I used to nanny for during the summer of '09, my last summer before my final internship. I loved working for this family and getting to know them and I had the opportunity to meet their newest addition today, little Sophia! We went to lunch in downtown Sarasota at Cafe Epicure. Yum!


That about wraps up the highlights of my Spring Break. One thing is for sure- it's time to put the jeans away and bring out all of the shorts, because it's hot! I'm hoping to be back in the sun again tomorrow, this time with stronger SPF sunscreen!

No comments: