Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Weekend

On Friday, my mom, dad, and sister visited me at work! They had a doctor's appointment for my sister in Tampa and then were headed to Orlando, so they made a pit stop in Lakeland to visit me and meet my class! My dad wanted a picture of me at my desk. {I think he's proud of his firstborn.} :)



(We're allowed to wear jeans to work on Fridays with our staff shirt. In case you were wondering?!)

Friday night, my family and I participated in the ALS Walk in downtown Orlando. (ALS=Lou Gehrig's disease.) In the six years since my grandma's passing, I've only been able to attend 2 of the walks, but it's something I'm glad to be able to do in my grandma's honor. It was so sad seeing people at the walk who are suffering with the disease.

It was rainy and dark and so the pictures I took didn't come out well.


Did you know grass could rest? Haha. I have been teaching my 5th graders about personification recently, I ought to use this picture as an example! :)


All done! We love you and miss you, "Mamie!"

Afterward, we were headed back to my aunt and uncle's house for pizza. Korinne and I chose to have dessert first from our favorite place to visit when we're in Orlando: Jeremiah's Italian Ice! Korinne is in heaven!


It felt amazing to sleep in on Saturday! Last weekend I tutored on Saturday morning and then with church on Sunday, there was no sleeping in. Oh, and did I mention this was the first day of SPRING BREAK?! That automatically makes the weekend better! Later on, Dayna and I went out to dinner at Abuelo's.

Here I am, at 25 years old, playing with my food. I'm actually just enthralled with how tiny the jalepeno is! If you know me, you know I have a fascination with anything miniature in size.


And on a Saturday night, after dinner, what else is there to do but go shopping?? Ha. We went to the bookstore and then to the mall. While I was in JCPenny's restroom, I noticed this little wall addition.

I have never seen these before. Are these new? I guess it's how you keep your child contained while you use the restroom. My question is, any child small enough to fit in that seat- wouldn't you have them in a stroller in the mall of all places?

I saw this comforter set in JCPenney and I like it a lot. It's a 7 piece set for $100. Not a bad deal. I am considering it, but then when I got home and noticed all of the things in my bedroom that coordinate with my green and brown colored comforter, I thought this could turn into a very expensive project. It's not like I really need to re-do my room, but it's just fun. I'll keep thinkin' about it...


Today was a lazy Sunday, but I did go to church and do laundry. It was the rest of the afternoon and evening that was lazy. I'm bummed that on the day we set the clocks an hour ahead- the weather was gloomy and nasty so we didn't even get to experience having the sun for an extra hour. That better change soon, Sun, because it's Spring Break for this girl! :)

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I love that comforter!