Saturday, November 6, 2010

Picasso's Cup

On my birthday a few weeks ago, part of the plan was to go to Picasso's Cup, a place to paint your own pottery. Well, by the time we finished eating dinner, we only had about 30 minutes until Picasso's cup closed. Well, that's not enough time for me to even decide which piece of pottery I'm going to paint. So we browsed and got ideas, and decided to postpone our painting until that Saturday.

Here are some pictures of our fun evening! We spent 4 hours there!









My final product before being fired. (The reason there is that awkward dark green shape thing is because I used a stencil to write "Happy Holidays" so that part hadn't dried as much as the other green. I would not purposefully make it look like that! Just have to clarify!) :)


I would love to do this once a month. It was so relaxing and so fun to just be able to paint and talk at the same time! I was in a Christmas-ey mood (have been for a while!) so I decided to paint a Christmas platter. Dayna made a mosaic actually! It turned out really cool! Audra and Bethany painted a spoon rest for the stove, Jessica painted a small baking dish, and Michelle painted a mug!

Fun times with fantastic friends!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

How cute! Your plate is precious! You are talented!