Monday, November 8, 2010

Miscellany Monday!

Doesn't every Monday feel like a "Miscellany Monday?" It does to me! Maybe it's just a teacher thing, but every Monday seems crazy to me!

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

1. No voice. I don't have a working voice today. I'm not just talking about a nasal-y/cold voice, I'm talking about simply not having one. A voice that sounds like a 14 year old boy going through puberty. I'm talking about high/low pitches at the most awkward times in the middle of a sentence. I'm talking embarrassing. I've not quite figured out yet how to follow people's advice of "rest your voice" when I'm a teacher and use my voice 95% of the 8 hour school day. Life goes on, I suppose! (My students were sweet though as they left today and said, "I hope your voice feels better, Ms. Kaliher!" <--Love it!!

2. Cracker Barrel was what I had for dinner! Yum! I of course went shopping afterward too. I'm growing to like the gift shop inside Cracker Barrel a little too much. I did get a bargain though, three Christmas gifts for my aunts at 40% off!

3. The Time Change is always so weird to get used to the first few days! When my alarm went off this morning and I saw light coming through the blinds, in a panic I quickly looked at my cell phone to make sure I hadn't overslept! Of course (or should I say luckily?) I hadn't overslept, it was just light out an hour earlier! It was SO bright when I left for work and it just felt weird. Then, by 6:00 it's already pitch dark and it feels so late. I do love how this time change means rhat the holidays are getting close and I'm so excited about that! I would be lying if I said I'm already listening to Christmas music.

4. Christmas Shopping is halfway done! This is the first year I've had so much fun Christmas shopping because I'm able to afford it! I'm done shopping for my parents, my sister Korinne, and my aunts. I have a few more things to get for my sister Keleigh and have got to start shopping for my brother. I've got some gifts to get for friends of course, too! I'm looking forward to being able to give this year, including needy children who won't have a Christmas. Those kids have my heart!!

5. Weddings-I'm going to two before the end of this year! I'm excited because I love weddings! This past Saturday, I hung out with one of the brides, Whitney (we went shopping! shocker!) and she asked Dayna and I to be her guestbook attendant "people" at the reception. I'm so thrilled to be able to help Whitney on her special day! What a fun memory!
P.S. I found out that Whitney and her husband will be seeing ELF on broadway (MY FAVORITE MOVIE) while they are honeymooning in NYC! I'm envious!!!

And...to add to the miscellany, I've added a few miscellaneous photos I don't think I've yet posted!

Me and Jack, when my family visited for my birthday!

This was all I bought after going in with the intention of getting "Halloween pencils and a snack for my students." Yeah....

Two great friends, Dayna and Jessica, at our lunch out at Fred's during a teacher training! It was so fun having training with two good friends!

No comments: