Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Mannheim Steamroller!

For my birthday, my best friend and roommate, Dayna, got me tickets to see Mannheim Steamroller at The Lakeland Center. I was SO excited to go!

It was awesome!



I kept telling Dayna, "I wish this would last forever!" I know that makes me sound ridiculous, but their music was just so fun to listen to and watch! Watching the drummer was my favorite part. Here are some pictures from the fun concert!



During intermission, we sat on this couch and ate popcorn and of course I had a coke to go with it. This is funny to me because before we went, Dayna made comments like "yeah, the theatre has popcorn and that's what we'll have for dinner" and I thought she was joking because I didn't think a place where a nice concert was being held would serve popcorn of all things during intermission. But, sell popcorn they did!



After the concert was over, the musicians sat in the lobby of the theatre to autograph the programs and other items that were available for purchase. I bought their 25th anniversary CD! It was only $20 and it's got two discs of their most famous Christmas songs. I'm such a sucker for Christmas music as it is, so their CD just adds to my collection. :)


Here I am talking to the violinist (among many other titles) and getting my program and CD signed!


My autographed program and CD!



I had SO much fun at this concert! I am definitely feeling ready for the Christmas season, especially considering I've listened to their CD in my car on the way to and from work this week!

Thank you, Dayna, for such an awesome and memorable 24th birthday present! I loved every minute of it, and I think you know that! :)

2 comments:

The Jennings said...

What a fun time! Yall look sooo cute too! And I can't believe I am 9 years older than you! I should still be 24!

Gretchan

The Jennings said...

And Happy Belated Birthday!

Gretchan