Thursday, November 25, 2010

About Me...100 things

In honor of the momentous "100 Blog Posts" occasion, I came up with the idea (not that it's completely original or anything) to type 100 random things about me! I hope you'll learn something new! :)

1. I'm the oldest of four children and I love it!
2. I've been to Jamaica.
3. I'm a Christian and thankful to have God at the center of my life.
4. I'm on the short side, 5'2".
5. I love to travel!
6. I don't like animation or fairytales. I couldn't tell you the plot of Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, etc., if you asked.
7. I have a Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education and hope to get my Master's degree in Guidance Counseling.
8. I've had 4 roommates since starting college.
9. I am extremely bothered by fake people.
10. I have two birthmarks in the shape of a heart.
11. I started this blog around Christmas of last year, 2009.
12. I bought my first car (on my own) in May of this year.
13. I don't like marinara sauce.
14. Coke is a must-have for me every day.
15. I will forever miss Christmas as a child with my family; it's such a special memory!
16. I've got an idea of what I want to name my future children.
17. I love to do laundry!
18. I hate cleaning the bathroom!
19. I sometimes wish I had special hobbies or talents.
20. I think "reality" TV is the furthest thing from reality.
21. I've never been drunk.
22. I have really sensitive eyes.
23. I used to have rosacia on my face, but the redness has toned down over the years thankfully!
24. I want to get married in the month of November.
25. I got glasses in 6th grade, contacts in 10th.
26. I prefer to wear contacts any day over glasses.
27. I get cold easily.
28. I am not good at waking up when my alarm goes off.
29. I miss my grandparents who passed away in '06 SO much!!!
30. I was raised Catholic, but don't practice Catholicism anymore.
31. In my opinion, it is never okay to cheat on a boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wife. No excuse will ever make it right; it's never okay.
32. Christmas music is my favorite!
33. I used to think I wanted to live in NYC, but couldn't ever imagine myself doing that now.
34. I love cottages and want to live in one someday.
35. Old Navy and Target are two of my favorite stores.
36. I wish I lived in a place where it snows-maybe someday!
37. Child abuse makes my blood boil.
38. Sarasota, FL is and always will be "home" to me, but I don't think I'll ever live there permanently again.
39. I hate (yes, hate) cockroaches, silverfish, and rats.
40. I love shopping sales!
41. I love things that are monogrammed!
42. I'm fascinated by pregnancy and know a lot about it, although I've never been pregnant.
43. My toes are always painted.
44. I have a godchild, Chloe, who I adore so much!
45. I have been a flower girl and a Maid of Honor in a wedding.
46. The only juice I drink is apple juice.
47. One of my favorite Bible verses is Galatians 5:22.
48. I enjoy playing Frisbee, and was on an Ultimate Frisbee team in college (intramural).
49. I've been to California once with my ex's family and would love to go again.
50. I love plaid!
51. Pedicures are one of my most favorite things!
52. My favorite magazine to read is People.
53. I can remember people's birthdays extremely well.
54. I'm a really good speller.
55. When I'm really overtired, I'll cry for no reason.
56. Christmas Eve is my favorite night of the entire year.
57. My dad makes me laugh more than anyone I know.
58. I must have a fan on (or some type of noise) to be able to fall asleep.
59. Chick-Fil-A is my favorite fast-food place.
60. Mint chocolate chip is my favorite ice cream flavor.
61. I am really independent.
62. I'm a thinker.
63. I don't like coffee, did I say that already?
64. I'm a night owl.
65. I played tennis on a team in 8th grade.
66. I was born at 11:48 in the morning.
67. I'm not an animal person.
68. I drink way too much soda.
69. I've had 8 cell phones since I was 15.
70. I am a perfectionist in many ways!
71. I don't like being outside when garbage trucks are coming down the street-they give me an uneasy feeling.
72. I used to be really afraid of escalators.
73. I sponsor a 7 year old girl named Pauline in the country of Kenya. I'm so glad I can bless her in a small way!
74. I've been to a Tony Danza show...went a long time ago with my ex. It was cool!
75. I've seen the Blue Man Group in Boston, MA!
76. I love to drink frozen hot chocolate!
77. I believe abortion is murder.
78. I've seen Jerry Springer twice in Sarasota. (Not his show, he has a house in Sarasota.)
79. I spent New Year's Eve in Times Square in '06.
80. I've been known to get motion sickness on boats before, but luckily have never thrown up.
81. Speaking of boats, I've never been on a cruise before but want to experience one!
82. My favorite author is Francine Rivers; her novels are so good!
83. I used to love making bracelets out of string when I was little!
84. My 21st birthday was celebrated with a Rootbeer Kegger, hosted by my college roommate at the time. Not a fan of alcohol, so that was a good alternative!
85. I enjoy watching volleyball and soccer.
86. I always overpack when I go somewhere to stay the night.
87. I am very particular about good hygiene!
88. I got two tickets at the same time, the first time I was pulled over. I was 17 in high school and they caught me speeding in a speed trap. The second ticket? An expired tag, oops! At that time in life, my parents were paying for the tag, etc., so they felt so bad! The cop even threatened to take me to jail for it because it's considered a criminal offense. As soon as I rolled up my window and drove away, I bawled my eyes out! The cop was so mean, my dad ended up calling to complain about him!
89. My high school years are a good memory! I was involved in the marching band as a "flag girl" and had great friends!
90. My favorite color is purple.
91. I've been in an ambulance before when I nearly passed out at the beach this summer.
92. My great-grandma's beach in her backyard in Conneticut is one of my favorite places to be in the whole world!
93. As a little girl, I was told I resembled Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen.
94. I've had 4 stitches in my back once, when I had a small cyst removed. That has been the only time I've ever had stitches.
95. I wore braces for 2 1/2 years.
96. I've called 911 before one time when I was driving from Sarasota to Lake Wales (the town I went to college) at night and the truck in front of me definitely appeared to be under the influence.
97. I was a Girl Scout for a few years, but then got bored with it.
98. I would love to go skiing one day!
99. I'm terrible at sports, and don't really care.
100. My current goal is to start graduate school within the next 2 years!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Loved reading this and getting to know you better! A couple of weeks someone told me that they thought Hannah looked like one of the Olsen twins when they were little! Funny!