Saturday, October 16, 2010

New Living Room Look!

Our furniture has finally made its appearance in my living room! Dayna and I got our furniture last Saturday, and the 50" TV that was part of the deal came last night. So now, our living room is complete! We feel that we have worked very hard as teachers so far and this living room set is well earned. Lots of people ask what we're going to do with it when one of us gets married...and all we know at this point is that Dayna really wants the T.V. I honestly could care less about what my TV is, so that's fine with me. :) The rest of the answer to the question is that we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. For now, why worry about such things?!

Anyway...on with the living room tour! Disclaimer: My home is decorated for Fall right now, it's not like this all the time, but you knew that. :)

I love this console! When talking about "who gets what after one of us gets married," I told Dayna that I could easily convert this into a changing table for a baby someday...she laughed. But seriously, she gets the T.V., why can't I be practical and convert its use? :)

Our loveseat sits in the "solarium" a.k.a. den/office. Sometimes, I spread out on it with all my school stuff and work. It has a view of the lake with the ducks and so it's really pretty. I have been looking for a desk to put in there to get it more organized, but haven't found one I like yet that fits within what I'm willing to spend. It's all a work in progress.
Here's an additional view-looking straight from the living room and kitchen. The "solarium" also has sliding pocket doors, so it could be closed off, although I'm not sure why we'd need to do that really.


This accent table sits in the corner to the right in the solarium. I found it at Old Time Pottery in Orlando on clearance for $30. It was perfect for what I was
envisioning in that space.

I also got the lamp that sits on the table from Old Time Pottery for $15. I love its color and detail. And, it matches perfectly!


This is the way the living room is set up for now. We decided that when we get our Christmas tree, we may rearrange. The cream colored chair somewhat blocks the entrance to my bedroom, but it's not like I'm completely blocked. I can also get to my bedroom through the bathroom, so it's not that big of a deal. We may find another way that works/looks better, but for now, this works fine!




This end-table has a magazine rack attached to it on the side. The coffee table perfectly matches with the end-table. The lamp on the end-table was also part of the living room package we got.


I figured since I have a clean apartment and am doing a "tour" on here, I would post pictures of the rest of my apartment that I haven't shown on my blog yet! Here is my dining room:

Here are some shots of the kitchen as best as I could get. It looks cluttered, but I promise it's really not; the camera just doesn't give a distinct view.



Here is a quick picture of my bedroom. This room still needs a lot of organizing and some more stuff hung on the walls. It's just a matter of doing it-I have everything I want for this room already, just have to get it UP!


That wraps up my "home tour, blog-style" for now! I'm so glad it looks like a "real" apartment now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything looks great Kaitlin! I love all your fun furniture! I miss you friend!

Danielle said...

I love your furniture and apartment layout - very cute!