Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fall Weather Is A Welcomed Change!

The weather the past 3 days has been absolutely amazing. It has just been SO perfect! I know I've mentioned it on my blog recently, but I just LOVE fall! I'm an October baby, so maybe that has something to do with it! :)

Sunday after church and lunch, my friend Jessica and I headed over to one of the many lakes in Lakeland to grade papers.

It was soooo beautiful out!

I was actually getting chilly at one point and wished I had a sweater.

A side-note story from the lake; as soon as Jess and I got there, there was a man in his 30s probably, standing over near the sidewalk. We had spread out blankets for us to sit on. I put my purse on one corner of the blanket and I was sitting on the opposite side. Well, he walks over after a few minutes, takes out his earphones, and says, "Hey ladies, I don't mean to bug you...it's a really beautiful day."

Jess and I look at each other with confused/sketched-out looks and then I look back at him and say, "Yeah, it is, we're just out here doing some school-work." All the while I'm thinking to myself, "YOU NEED TO GRAB YOUR PURSE." So, I do, but I play it off as if I'm looking for something and reach for my chapstick. Then he says, "I'm not going for your purse. Trust me. You don't got nuttin' I want in there. I don't want nuttin' you got." Well, sir, then why did you walk over here and start up a random conversation about nothing?

That man has got to be crazy to think I believed him. Once he saw me grab my purse, he knew his chances of bumming money were gone, so he changed his tune. I got really nervous though that he was going to take off with my purse. I'm glad I pulled it over when I did, even though he didn't "want nuttin' I got in there." Sure he didn't.

Anyway...that wasn't the purpose for this post, just an interesting story from our experience of grading papers at the lake! I want to make a habit of that more often (minus the sketchy visitors) to get some school work done, especially now that it's cooled down.

Yesterday and today have just been so beautiful. This morning I walked outside and had to go back in and grab a jacket. It wasn't just cool-it was sweater weather (for Floridians, at least!) Our students wait on the P.E. blacktop in the mornings and we go out and pick them up right before 8:00. They all had sweaters on and they were cold. Well, I hadn't yet turned on the AC in my classroom, so when I brought them back this morning and they came inside, it was a unanimous "ahhh!" as soon as they felt warmth. Floridians are babies when it comes to cold!

Typically, Florida doesn't see Fall weather until late October and then it's here and there. Usually the week of Christmas, you can even be in shorts. I'm hoping this year we'll have real seasonal weather. I know this is Florida, but still! :)

Fall, thanks for visiting, and be sure to stick around until Winter!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Hey! Just caught up on your blog. Love your shorter hair!!