Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The First Week of School

The title of this post sums up the reason I have neglected the blog over the past few weeks. To be prepared for the first week of school first required two weeks of preparation- meetings and classroom set-up. I've been exhausted and have had little time to do much else recently, but it's all in a good way. I love being a teacher, I love my classroom, and I love my class!

I've been proud of myself in achieving my personal goal of stricter self-discipline as far as going to bed at a decent hour and making myself get up a little bit earlier in order to get to work with enough time to get a few things in place before I pick up my kids. (That was a long run-on sentence, but I'm not fixing it. Ha!) It's been working out well so far and I hope it continues that way!

Last year on the first day of school, Dayn, Jes, Audra and I went to Mt. Fuji to celebrate the first day. This year, we kept it a tradition. You could also call it an excuse to go out to eat, but single girls have this privilege regularly. ;)



Good times, great stories!

This isn't a long post tonight. The title of this post should explain it all. Tired is an understatement. Goodnight!

1 comment:

The Jennings said...

What grade do you teach? I can't remember. You know Ramsey is in first grade now and it's serious business! I hope you have a great year!

Gretchan