Sunday, July 3, 2011

4th of July Party

Tonight Dayna and I went over to a 4th of July party at Shaundra's, a teacher we work with. It was lots of fun! We talked, played Badminton (so fun!), ate, did fireworks and laughed.

I had never been to Shaundra's house before and it was so nice! I got some pictures of the festive decorations she had, but this is the only one that actually turned out decent. So here you have it-a picture of 4th of July napkins. Impressed? Ha!

A little while after we had arrived at the party, Dayna decided she needed Roman Candle fireworks to shoot with Shaundra's son, Ethan. Let's just say Dayna tends to be impulsive sometimes. Haha. So we drove up the road where we knew they had a firework tent set up, but the guy who had no teeth said that they didn't sell Roman Candles in Polk County. Darn. He said that a place 15 minutes away in Hillsborough County was selling them. Because Dayna insisted on having these Roman Candles, we made the trek over to get them and then went back to the party.

I enjoyed watching all the fireworks that Shaundra's husband lit off. They were some really pretty ones! It was fun watching Dayna have a blast with her Roman Candles. She and Ethan had a Roman Candle war which about scared me to death! I suffered a pretty severe hot water burn all across my chest when I was in 5th grade, so playing with something that could burn me is frightening. I really don't even like Sparklers. I did, however, enjoy watching Dayna light the Snakes fireworks that just kind of grow into big piles of ash. Know which ones I'm talking about?


It was a very fun evening! Thanks, Shaundra, for hosting us! Happy 4th of July!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Hey! Of course I will do the blog design for you even though you don't have kids. That will be a little less work :) Just send me the picture you want on your header. My email is tyler8704@yahoo.com

I'll need your password and email you use to plug everything in!

The Jennings said...

Happy belated fourth! I love those snake fireworks too!

Gretchan