Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Days 1 & 2 of Summer!

For me, summer is so much more anticipated as a teacher rather than a student. #1. The workload as a teacher during the 180 days is quite different than a student's workload. #2. I get paid to enjoy summer which was not the case as a student. Duhhh,Kaitlin.

The first two days of summer have been so fun! On Monday, I cleaned and organized the apartment some, which was very needed. I felt productive which is a feeling I like. There's much more to be done in the organizing aspect of things, but not all at once. It is summer afterall. I'll get to it.

On Monday, Dayna, Audra, Jessica and I had plans to go see The Blue Man Group at Universal Studios. This was my idea for Dayna's birthday. She was real excited when she saw her ticket in her birthay card! She had no idea. Mission accomplished!

I had seen them once before in Boston, MA with my aunt and uncle and I was excited to get to see them again! The other girls had never seen them before. The show was amazing and funny! I am waiting to get pictures from Audra and then I'll do a separate post. My camera is kind of useless these days. Dayna chose to go out to dinner at P.F. Chang's for her birthday dinner beforehand. It was a fun evening! I would definitely recommend seeing The Blue Man Group if you haven't before. It's such a unique show. It's funny, exciting, interactive, entertaining, and filled with talent!

Tuesday began with my good friend, Tressie coming to visit. I was so excited to have her here! Tressie and I actually went to pre-school together when we were 4. But we didn't grow up together. We ended up going to the same high school and became friends through marching band. Then, we went to the same college (I wouldn't have even known about Warner University if it weren't for Tressie, actually!) and were roommates for the first two years before she got married. I was one of the Maid of Honors in her wedding and I'm thankful we've kept in touch since going our separate ways. She lives in Alabama with her husband who is a youth pastor. I'm actally flying out to see her in July and am so glad I get to do that! Anyway....she came this morning and I gave her the tour of my apartment. We talked for a little while and then went to Chili's for lunch. Afterward we shopped at a teacher store (she's a teacher, too) and then went downtown and went into some antique shops. It was a fun afternoon spending time with her and catching up. We'll get to do it again soon in just a few weeks...in Alabama! (I don't have any pictures to post of our day out!)

My mom and sister, Korinne, headed up from Sarasota this afternoon. They're staying the night because they're going to Disney tomorrow and Lakeland is a good middle point for them. I cooked dinner for them and then we went to the pool. Korinne swam while my mom and I sat by the pool and talked. It was a beautiful evening with a nice breeze. I love summer nights! We got back and just watched TV together and then played Scrabble. They're leaving early tomorrow morning to head to Disney for the day. It was nice having them here!

Hopefully, my posts of summer will have more pictures! My camera has been producing really blurry and grainy pictures lately. Anyway, more summer posts to come!

No comments: