Monday, February 4, 2013

Sister Sunday

Rewind with me to October 2012, will you? My birthday fell on a Sunday, and my family had planned to drive up to go to my church with me before we celebrated at a restaurant for lunch.

I was thrilled to have their company at church, not because I don't have company there, but because there have been some bumps in the road in their church life since around the time I went off to college. There's nothing I want more for them to get reconnected with God and to find His purpose in their daily living. So anyway...they came for my birthday, and God moved. He moved into my sister Keleigh's life.

Since that weekend, she's made the hour and 15 minute drive most Sunday mornings to come to church with me. She works Saturday nights at a restaurant and gets up early enough on Sunday so that she can be here for church. I told her recently that her coming weekly now is like a birthday gift that keeps on giving. It all started on my birthday when she felt God's call- and since then, she's grown so much in her relationship with Him. What more could a big sister want, right? :)

There have been a few times my other sister, Korinne, has been able to come. Today was one of those days. And we had the best time! Keleigh and I have made a habit out of Olive Garden for lunch..but due to my being there so often lately, we switched it up and went to Longhorn today.

Then I drove them back to church to get their car and we ended up standing in the parking lot for over an hour just chatting and having a mini photo shoot. Call me cheesy or whatever, but it was such a precious moment! We were literally standing in the parking lot at church just switching from one conversation to the next and laughing. It's just a sweet memory that will probably always be with me.

Each week I look forward to my "Sister Sunday" and I'm thankful for what God is doing in my sister's life. He is so good!

Here are some of our mini photo shoot gems:











No comments: