Saturday, March 2, 2013

Gone Fishin'

I'm not sure you could actually say I went fishing today considering the location and my inability to cast the line...but since fishing was the goal, the title will remain as is. Ha!

I went to Sarasota today to hang out with my family. Mom and I got pedicures, then we went to my favorite sub shop, Jersey Mike's, with my sister, Korinne, and after dinner Korinne and I met up with our sister, Keleigh, at Orange Leaf (self-serve ice cream).

I know my dad likes to casually fish in the small lake in their backyard. I rushed my mom out of the nail salon so that I could do some fishing with my dad before dark. {By the way...I'm so ready to set the clocks forward because I'm ready for the extra hour of daylight!} We had just about 15 minutes of attempted fishing.

My dad mentioned several times during my attempted fishing efforts, "I taught you to fish!" To which I replied, while laughing, "Yeah...about 20 years ago with a very small Barbie fishing pole."

Needless to say, I didn't do too well fishing in the short amount of time we had before dark. But I want to get better at fishing. It seems as though there's a feeling of excitement to be had when you catch a fish! Ha. I'm also at a stage in life where I think I need to be trying new things and creating new experiences and memories for myself. My life can't just revolve around my job- even though most days I like it! Haha.

All photos captured in this event are credited to Korinne...haha.

I'm probably too girly for fishing- who poses with a fishing pole? Ha!



A little father-daughter activity (He LOVED that I asked him to fish with me) :)

When you mess up the line each time you cast, this is what it looks like, in case you were curious. Ha!

This is what I looked like the whole time basically...confused.

Maybe this summer I'll have another "Gone Fishin'" post with some actual photos of me and a fish or two I was able to catch! First, though, I have some fundamental fishing techniques to brush-up on.

1 comment:

Elise said...

How sweet that you and your dad went fishing! My dad always loves when I ask him to do something with me, even if it's work around my yard!